I’ve made popcorn snack mix like this about a million times and for every occasion under the sun – including Easy Easter Bunny Snack Mix and this Fall M&M’s & Popcorn Snack Mix and of course… my favorite Candy Corn Snack Mix – but for whatever reason, I can’t remember ever making it for (or around) Christmas.
But then yesterday, after talking to Amy, who was making some while we chatted… I just could.not.quit. thinking about it. I got a “hankerin'” for it, as my Mama used to say. When I woke up today still thinking about it, I told the kids I wanted to make some, so they helped and we mixed up some Christmas Crunch Snack Mix!
I already had the Christmas M&M’s on hand … because that’s a staple in everybody’s kitchen around Christmas, right? And we always have microwave popcorn and white almond bark. Those are also staples in our house. As a bonus, I had pretzels (not so common in our house) but Amy’s mix had pretzels which made me really want them too!
So, that was that… about 5 minutes later we had a delicious afternoon snack ready. Unfortunately, being the mean blogging Mommy that I am, I tortured the kids by not letting them eat any until I took pictures and checked pictures and then too more pictures… just so I could share it with YOU! Now that I think about it – my kids should be mad at YOU, not ME, right?
Just kidding. I think
Are you ready to make some of this totally addictive snack mix? I promise you won’t be able to put it down!! Oooh, and if you need snack for a party, or want to bag it up for class favors – kids and adults alike love this stuff!! To see more pics with instructions and sweet little bags I made for Easter, check out my Easter Bunny Snack Mix post here – I have step-by-steps!
Okay – here you go:
- 8-10 cups of popped popcorn (microwave or homemade)
- 8 ounces of white candy melts or almond bark
- 1 cup M&Ms,
- 1 cup Pretzels
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn and pour into a large bowl. I used microwave (the "extra butter" variety but you could use air popped or whatever is your favorite! Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Spread the popcorn out on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the M&M's and pretzels evenly over the popcorn. Melt white chocolate and pour over the popcorn mix. I do this by chopping up the almond bark, then putting it in a microwave-safe measuring cup and microwaving for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again - in 30 second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour it over the popcorn, then gently stir it up to coat the popcorn. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles to make it extra festive!! :) Let it dry/harden, then break it up and enjoy!
- PS. If you want to speed up the drying/hardening, pop it in the frig or freezer for a couple of minutes!