Dark Chocolate Peanut Clusters. Yes, they’re as good as they sound. Better, actually. But before I tell you how to make then, I have to make a confession. I lied to you all on Facebook last night. I didn’t do it deliberately – and depending on how you read it, maybe it wasn’t a lie at all. I’m not sure.
See, I said that I’d be sharing a “brand new” Christmas candy with you. Well, it’s not really a “brand new” candy. I’ve made it before. Lots of times.
I’ve even posted about it before… but it was a long time ago and originally on my old blog.
But… I did make one change this time (the type of chocolate). And this post is brand new. So, I didn’t totally lie, right? I hope not. I don’t condone lying.
Anyway… enough about all of that. This may be the most easiest bestest homemade chocolate candy ever. EV.ER. And I really mean it.
It takes like 10 minutes. And 3 ingredients. And absolutely zero talent to make. Not that any of you have to worry about having zero talent.
But if you lack self-esteem when it comes to making candy… have no fear – you can do this!! Anybody can do this – I promise.
But even better than that? It’s super delicious and always impressive. Look at all those peanuts in that yummy chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Divine!
If you share this candy (and you totally won’t want to), nobody will ever believe how easy it was for you to make. You’ll be an instant hero.
PS. I want to thank Aunt Julie for this recipe. She told me about this candy years ago and I’m so glad she did!!
So here it is. You’ll need these three ingredients: dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet or milk chocolate), peanut butter chips, and salted peanuts. In my previous post about these, I used milk chocolate but after trying them with dark chocolate – I would be wrong not to tell you that they’re better with dark.
But do what you want, of course … you won’t be disappointed either way.
So start by pouring all the chips into a microwaveable glass bowl and mix them up. Next, microwave for one minute. Then stir.
For me, one minute is enough, but if they’re still not melted enough to be smooth, microwave them for another 30 seconds to one minute until they’re all yummy melted.
Then dump in 3 cups of salted peanuts…
and stir again until they’re all well coated.
Line some large cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper (I prefer wax paper). Then dip out the candy by the spoonful onto your cookie sheets.
For me, it makes about 40 pieces.
You can let these sit at room temperature and harden (takes 30ish minutes, depending on the temperature and humidity in your house) or you can pop the sheets in the frig for 10 minutes and they’re done!
I hope you make and enjoy this super easy recipe for Dark Chocolate Peanut Clusters!! Please leave me a comment and let me know if you do!!
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of peanut butter chips
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of dark chocolate chips (or milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 3 cups of salted cocktail peanuts
- Start by pouring all the chips into a microwaveable glass bowl and mix them up. Microwave for one minute. Then stir. For me, one minute is enough, but if they're still not melted enough to be smooth, microwave them for another 30 seconds to one minute until they're all yummy melted.
- Then pour in 3 cups of salted peanuts and stir again until they're all well coated.
- Line some large cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper (I prefer wax paper). Then dip out the candy by the spoonful onto your cookie sheets.
- Let the candy sit at room temperature and harden (takes 30ish minutes, depending on the temperature and humidity in your house) or you can pop the sheets in the frig for 10 minutes and they're done!