Monkeys are so cute and a fun idea for a baby shower, don’t you think?
These monkey cupcakes were designed to match a fun baby shower theme… called Little Monkey Neutral Baby Shower Theme. These were for a neutral shower – they picked the green so it could be boy or girl!
To make these monkey cupcakes, here are the things I used:
- 3 Dozen Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Buttercream (tinted green with Americolor Leaf Green)
- Dark/Chocolate Fondant (and some marshmallow fondant mixed in for the lighter brown)
- Round Cutters for the head and ears (ears are a circle cut in half)
- Oval Cutter for the face/mouth area
- Flower Cutter (used 1/3 of a flower for the eyes)
- Xacto Knife for trimming the ears, eyes, etc.
- Ateco Food Markers to draw the eyes nose and mouth
- Tylose (mixed with water) as “glue” to put the faces together
These cupcakes are linked up at Cupcake Tuesday!
Did I miss any details? Do you have any questions about these cupcakes? Please leave them in the comments!
One or more links in this post are referral and/or affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.