If you’re new to my post about my 1000 Gifts… you can read my first post here. I’m taking the Joy Dare and writing a list of 1000 Gifts for 2013. You can read more about it here.
Ya’ll know I got behind on this challenge and tonight I decided to see how far behind I am… oy! With a little math I realize I should be nearly to #700 and I’m not even to #500. I”m going to really be focusing on the good and the wonderful and noting my gifts – I want to catch up and really finish this challenge!
August 12, 2013
413. My beautiful daughter and her confidence and outgoing personality. And her new hat that she’s absolutely in love with (and she bought it for 50 cents on clearance!)
414. Holding hands with my little girl while driving home from our impromptu day out together.
415. A fast 4 mile walk/run by myself today. I know I’m slow compared to oh so many, but I’m faster than I thought I was when I really pushed myself.
August 13, 2013
417. Tomatoes. They’re never-ending from our garden this year.
418. Having 2 refrigerators. It’s not something I planned, but it was truly a gift from God that has been a lifesaver so many times in this cake business.
419. This cheesy kid being silly in Walmart.
August 14, 2013
420. My Coke Rewards – I occassionaly collect enough points for free Coke products – yay!
421. A smart , thoughtful teenage son. Mr. Jack, an elderly man in our church stopped me Wednesday night and wanted to tell me what my son had done. I won’t lie – I was worried I was about to hear a complaint about one of the boys. But he told me that my son ran out of the church after him Sunday flagging him down when he was already driving away. He told him, “Mr. Jack – would you please please tell Mrs. Ellen that we miss her and I hope she’s feeling better soon. And give her a hug for me please.” Mr. Jack told me that it meant the world to him and he went straight home and gave Mrs. Ellen a hug from Joshua. You see, she’s been out several weeks sick, then recovering from surgery and in the meantime, her brother passed away. Honestly, I didn’t even know that Joshua had noticed her absence. I’m so proud of this wonderful, thoughtful young man. I just wanted to cry.
422. Batteries. They’re a lifesaver when the lights go out!
August 15, 2013
423. Sweet Pea Shower Gel
424. Daily devotions delivered to my email – a reminder to be in the Word daily. Sometimes technology is a terrible thing – and sometimes it’s a gift.
425. Pink Glittery Fingernail polish.
August 16, 2013
426. My sister – and 34 years of my life with her! Happy Birthday Amanda 🙂 (this picture is me, my Mama and my sis from a couple of years ago… how do I not have a recent pic with her??)
427. Blue Ball jars and homemade salsa – a perfect homemade gift for my sister. A real gift – from us to her!
428. Our local library
August 17, 2013
429. Biscuits and gravy
430. A self-defense class with my family – fun stuff (and important!)
431. Dryer sheets – a gentle way to keep mosquitoes away from my baby.
432. “Attack Daddyyyyyyyyy” time.
August 18, 2013
433. Our tacky floors (and ceilings and walls and couches…). This article spoke to me.
434. Sequined flip flops – they make me happy!!<
435. An amazing story that is changing my life – and that of my family.
More random things from the past few months that I missed…
436. A lunch date with Noah a few weeks ago. He’s a precious, smart, funny little boy who has my whole heart!
437. My oldest two boys leaving for camp – I’m a proud Mommy!
438. Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. I found a new flavor last night that I love!! I think it was called American Dream!?
438. Do I have to say more? This boy in a box is a gift. Hahahahaha!
439. A handy husband who does so many things for me, I lose count. This week he put in a new door, made new wheels for my favorite broken cart, hung my cake sign in my kitchen (the one he made for me a few months back), and brought me chocolate without me even asking. He’s a keeper!
440. Biscoff Spread.
441. A mostly clear calendar for the next 3 weeks. Deep breath.
442. Missionaries who give up their whole life to serve Jesus by serving others.
443. Funny friends. Sometimes they give me a good laugh at just the right moment.
Have a great week everybody!!
What have you been thankful for today, or this week or this month? What are your gifts?