I’m a little late getting this up tonight, but I’m determined to not fall off the wagon again, so here goes… my gifts for this past week!
If you’re new to my post about my 1000 Gifts… you can read my first post here. I’m taking the Joy Dare and writing a list of 1000 Gifts for 2013. You can read more about it here.
Monday, August 19, 2013
445. Key Lime Pie
446. A prize pack I won from Dorothy at Crazy for Crust!! I’m loving these Kizmos products!!
447. A happy phone call with Jen from New Season Design – I felt like I made a new friend – or talked with a friend I’ve known forever. I’m even more happy with my choice to have her and her husband do my site redesign… I can hardly wait for you all to see it!!
August 20, 2013
448. The opportunity to serve as a Sunday School teacher with an amazing group of friends and family.
449. Having enough so that I can give things away.
450. Midday calls from my husband.
451. Opportunities to do mission work right here in my own state. What a blessing to see God work!
August 21, 2013
452. Having dessert with friends over a life-changing Bible Study.
453. Chocolate cake with Brownie Batter frosting was an experiment gone RIGHT that I fed to our Bible study group tonight 🙂 *Picture up top – recipe coming soon!*
454. Living in the country where my kids can walk to the creek and play in it!
455. Fresh paint in our living room. One tiny step at a time we’re making this home more “ours”.
August 22, 2013
456. A friend who understands me… the real ME, and still loves me. I love her!
457. Almost a whole week without baking a cake. As much as I love what I do, the rest has been such a gift.
458. Ibuprofen, for feverish, cranky babies.
459. An almost car accident that didn’t happen.
August 23, 2013
460. The day after being thankful that I didn’t have a wreck when I came way too close to a bridge railing… my Daddy had a full-blown car accident. Praise the Lord, he is okay. Bruised up and sore – but nothing life-threatening. His car and the deer didn’t get off so easily!
461. Date night to celebrate our 17th anniversary (a night early)- Shrimp & Crab pasta, shopping and laughing, and half priced milkshakes at Sonic. Just about as good as it gets!
462. A happy customer, even when I nearly cried over this cake before getting it done.
463. A helpful employee at tractor supply (for this girl who had no clue what she needed).
August 24, 2013 (this was a good day with lots of gifts!!)
464. 17 wonderful years with my sweetheart. I can’t say enough about how much of a gift he is to me. Speaking of gifts…
464. Our new puppy DASH! This was my gift to Richy for our anniversary and thank you all so much for helping us name him!
465. To keep up the theme… the gift of puppy love!
466. Anniversary Dinner (#2) with my parents (our anniversary gift from them!)
467. The kids came along … gum ball machine toys and a camera for goofy pics are a gift when kids get restless waiting for pizza!
468. Cupcakes made by Sarah. She topped them with pink frosting, then used my food markers to write on graham crackers and added candles for us to blow out. This was the best anniversary dessert we could ask for!
August 25, 2013
469. Leftovers for lunch. I love lazy Sunday afternoons!
470. Inside jokes between friends…. priceless.
471. Finding the bottom of the laundry pile… finally.
472. Favorite worship songs sang at church.
473. Prayer – a gift that brings peace, healing, comfort, strength. My kids are sick tonight, but praying with them helps them rest well and helps this Mama because I know God hears.
Have a great week everybody!!
What have you been thankful for today, or this week or this month? What are your gifts?