If you’re new to my posts about 1000 Gifts… you can read my first post here. I’m taking the Joy Dare and writing a list of 1000 Gifts for 2013. You can read more about it over there.
August 26, 2013
474. Our first day of homeschool for the 2013-2014 school year is done. Granted, it was one of the hardest, most stressful days of my life… but it. is. done. Praise Jesus!!
475. Babies who stand on tables and dance. It’s cute and funny and um… one of the reasons I’m happy our day is done! PS – for those of you who always think I have “have it all together” and am “supermom”. Let this be exhibit 1 of why none of that is true.
476. A delicious supper cooked by my husband. Panko-crusted pork chops and Julianne potatoes and green beans. It was amazing.
477. Finding a really crucial book for our homeschool curriculum at our tiny-town library. That’s like winning the lottery people. This book is on back-order everywhere I’ve looked and our library almost never has the books we need… but they did today, and I nearly cried I was so happy to find it!
478. A long hot shower…. and ice-cold sweet tea.
August 27, 2013
479. Nutter Butters
480. Coming home from an errand to find that husband had washed dishes and started supper. This is not unusual for him (he did it yesterday too) – but it was really, really a blessing to me yesterday.
481. A vanilla scented candle.
482. Plans to have lunch with friends on Saturday… I’m excited!
August 28, 2013
483. My husband cooking supper. Again.
484. Kind words from a stranger.
485. Disposable diapers.
486. Paperbackswap – clearing out bookshelves and re-filling them with our new books!
August 29, 2013
487. Sunshine coming through our windows this morning – what a glorious day! (I tried to take a picture, but it was not even close to as beautiful on my camera as it was in my living room).
488. Extra cupcakes sold in a flash!
489. Making bead bracelets with Sarah.
490. Remote controls. Oh the little pleasures in life.
August 30, 2013
491. Delivering cakes with my husband. Can you say “mini-date”?
492. My purple gown with a cupcake on the front – a gift from my friend Ashley that makes me smile every time I put it on for bed.
493. Reading time with the kids at night – right now we’re reading the single best book I’ve ever read.
494. Tomato plants… still making tomatoes.
495. My wonderful husband who knows me oh-so-well. I’m having a hard time and he brought me home all of my favorite comfort foods after a bad day.
August 31, 2013
496. A teddy bear quilt found on eBay. My baby boy has worn his out and it’s just falling apart. It was originally bought 6 years ago (for an older child who never cared for it) and I thought I’d never find one like it (it’s’ been washed so many times the tag is translucent), but then I did!!
497. The gift of girlfriends. Seven of us had a beautiful day together – eating, shopping, laughing, refreshing.
498. Leftover pasta from a favorite restaurant.
499. Laughing until your face hurts.
500. A phone call from Shelly… the perfect way to end an amazing day!
September 1, 2013
501. Hugs from sweet nephews! This picture is not from today but I did get a hug from my baby nephew Rodney today at church and I’m thankful for all hugs for “Aunt Wose”.
502. Baby gifts I got to buy for my brothers and sisters-in-law. Yes… BOTH of my brother’s wives are having babies in the spring and I did a little shopping yesterday 🙂
503. A clean truck and kitchen – both thanks to my amazing husband!!
504. A holiday weekend – and movie night with the kids!
505. Tang. Love that sweet orange drink and it’s been years since I had had any!!
506. Our first week is school is done and week 2 here we come!!!
WOW – I’m halfway there!! I still have some catching up to do if I’m going to make it #1000gifts by the end of the year but I’m having so much fun… I think it’ll be a piece of cake 😉