If you’re new to my posts about 1000 Gifts… you can read my first post here. I’m taking the Joy Dare and writing a list of 1000 Gifts for 2013. You can read more about it over there.
September 2, 2013
507. A fever that finally broke. This Mommy was getting scared.
508. Hugs and kisses from my babies - even the 16 year old one.
509. Grilled burgers and curly fries. Yum-Yum!
September 3, 2013
510. A beautiful bracelet that my daughter made for me
511. An unexpected evening with my Mama
512. Good news after an ER visit with my brother. That's 2 trips to the ER within a week... I've had my fill!
513. Paint and old boxes - pure fun for my younger boys during school time with the older kids.
514. My wedding band... it was lost and now I have it again!!
515. Candy Corn... I've already bought 4 bags!
September 4, 2013
516. A machine - that's not dead. I won't go into the details but one of my boys spilled water on a very expensive piece of equipment that I really really did NOT need ruined.
517. Caleb - my second child is 12 years old today (read about the best gift I've every bought over here). He's such a sweet, helpful considerate young man and I can't imagine my life without this precious one.
518. My baby brother also celebrated his birthday today!! I'm really proud of the man he's become at the ripe old age of 27 😉 Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of him that are recent and not embarrassing... I'll have to work on changing that!
(Yes, my son, my brother and my best friend all have the same birthday!)
519. And I can't go without saying one last Happy Birthday to my best friend Kathy (these pics from my birthday in May)! If only I could fly to Italy and hug her and share cake and pizza with her 🙂
520. Ice Cold Diet Dr. Pepper
September 5, 2013
521. My very sweet husband who bought me a wonderful thoughtful gift today (a Homeschool Mom's Bible for my Kindle) - totally out of the blue!
522. My new cupcake key chain that Caleb made for me.
523. Kids who love to bake - Noah made banana bread with almost no help!!
524. Catching a mistake while I still had time to correct it (I ordered 1000 new business cards from Vistaprint with the wrong phone number - but they hadn't gone to printing yet so I was able to cancel and correct!!) Whew!
525. Blowing out candles - a day late, but still 😉
September 6, 2013
526. Beef Stew
527. Cake Batter Chapstick
528. A new blanket and pillows for my baby boy. He is completely attached to a bear blanket that's more than 6 years old (it was a gift to one of his older brother's who never used it much). His "original" is falling apart and in horrible condition (he drags it around everywhere) and I didn't think I'd ever find another one identical to it... but I did - on ebay - with matching pillows! I'm thrilled!!!
529. God's Word and the friends in my life that draw me to Him.
September 7, 2013
530. Laughing with my parents, siblings, their spouses and all of our children!!
531. Wearing PJ pants to my parents house for a family get-together and nobody even noticing!
532. A beautiful day with a birthday party, lunch out with the kids, a family dinner and more love than I can ever sum up.
533. A very busy, overwhelming cake week... all finished! (I did a wedding cake, 5 birthday cakes, 150+ cupcakes and 100 cookies!)
534. Hot Chicken Dip - thanks to my brother TJ. It's so good!!
535. Ice water with lemon... if only I'd make myself drink it more often. I need to drink about 10 gallons of it right now after all the eating I've done today!
September 8, 2013
536. A passionate pastor who preaches God's word with conviction.
537. My snowman blanket - and a nap after church!
538. Coming to the end of an excellent book and knowing it may have changed my kids lives forever. And mine too, come to think of it!
539. Super glue. Oh how much I love super glue.
What blessings (gifts) have you been given this past week? It's amazing how much your perspective changes when you start to look for the good everyday and not the bad!