Here I go again. For 4 straight months, from January through April and into the first few days of May, I faithfully wrote my #1000 gifts posts... daily noting things that I was thankful for - gifts in my life. But then something happened... I can't tell you what, but I missed a day, then a week, then a month.
Last week, I decided to jump back into it. I loved looking at my days seeking things to call gifts, things to be thankful for. It changed how I felt and how I saw the things around me... in a good way!
Since I missed more than 3 months, I don't know if I'll get a full 1000 things listed this year, but I'm sure gonna try! The last thing on my list below is my husband. He's probably going to make the list many times this year, but when I found this picture of us (above) that my oldest son too, I was overcome with gratitude for the man God placed in my life. I'm so, so blessed to have him love me.
If you’re new to my post about my 1000 Gifts… you can read my first post here. I’m taking the Joy Dare and writing a list of 1000 Gifts for 2013. You can read more about it here.
August 1, 2013
370. Eggs for breakfast.
371. A bountiful garden
372. My heating pad
August 2, 2013
373. Pain meds for my very in-pain hubby
374. Peach tea
August 3, 2013
376. Chocolate chip cookies and milk... in bed.
377. Piles of stuffed animals that make my baby giggle
378. The love of a church family
August 4, 2013
379. A haircut. My baby boy doesn't look like such a baby anymore... but he's just pure joy!
380. Time with my parents - I love them so much and I'm blessed beyond measure.
381. Pork Roast in the crock pot since morning. I don't have to cook tonight - YAY!!!
August 5, 2013
382. Leftover pork to make pulled pork BBQ Sandwiches... one of my most favorite meals!
383. Silly children - big grins!
384. A little one on one time with Caleb.
August 6, 2013
385. McGriddle at McDonalds. Sausage Egg & Cheese.
386. A diagnosis on my shoulder problem.. I'm ready to be done with all this pain!
387. My purple t-shirt...it makes me happy!!
Random things I've thought of over the past 11 days that I wanted to note...
388. A birthday dinner with my best friend (May 20)
389. A bountiful garden... with so, so many tomatoes!
390. Homemade Ice Cream in my new machine - better than I could've imagined!
391. Skype - to chat with my parents while they're in Thailand.
392. My new pillow.
August 7, 2013
393. Great night of Bible study at church
394. Mini eclairs
395. Lots of SOLD cupcakes!
August 8, 2013
396. New windows in our house (and hopefully lower power bills!)
397. My brother - who was willing to babysit on his day off so I could deliver cupcakes!
398. Fresh salsa and chips.
August 9, 2013
399. Lindor Truffles
400. My heating pad and peach tea (I realize now I listed those things twice in two weeks..., but they really are GIFTS when I'm miserable and in pain!)
August 10, 2013
401. My very thoughtful husband
402. Rocking my (not-so-baby) baby in my rocking chair
403. Folded Laundry
August 11, 2013
404. Toy dump trucks - my boys never get tired of them.
405. A bike ride with my kids (my bottom will not thank me in the morning!)
406. Lunch with friends and family - laughter and food and running children and baby kittens... all the blessings of God.
More random things...
408. Good books.
409. Missionaries who gave their lives to spread God's word and inspire many others after them (we just finished reading the story of Nate Saint with the kids)
410. My washer and dryer.
411. Dusty feet after hiking down a long trail with our kids!
412. The amazing man who I get to call my best friend and my husband.
What have you been thankful for today, or this week or this month? What are your gifts?