- 6 cups of miniature marshmallows (or 10.5 ounce bag or 40 large marshmallows)
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 7–8 cups of rice cereal
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Pour the marshmallows over the melted butter and stir to coat.
- Microwave for about 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for another minute. Stir again. If it’s still not a very thin, melted consistency.
- Repeat at 30 second intervals until it’s all melted and smooth.
- Stir in 7 cups of rice cereal until they’re evenly coated.
- If they’re too gooey, add a little more cereal. *I like to use a rubber spatula to do this…it’s easy clean up!
- Next, spray a 9?X13? dish with non-stick butter spray or coat the pan with butter.
- Now..here’s a fun tip! Also, take a spatula with a very flat turner and coat the underside with butter or butter spray – that way the cereal won’t stick to it when you’re spreading it out!
- Pour the cereal mixture into the dish, then take the back (flat) side of the spatula and spread the cereal and flatten it. It works beautifully!
- At this point you can (if you must) let this ‘set’ for a few minutes and cool…OR you can eat warm, sticky, yummy Rice Krispie treats right away!
- All in all, this takes less than 10 minutes (more like 5), and if you wash your bowl immediately, the clean up is SUPER easy!