Soft and chewy Bakery Style Sugar Cookies that are easy to make and delicious. And fast… the recipe can be finished and the cookies ready to eat in 20 minutes or less which is always a win in my house!
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not pictured…oops 😉 )
- sanding sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and mix until smooth.
- Then add in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Mix until crumbly. Add in the vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the dough onto your parchment covered cookie sheet. You’ll want to space them out really well because these cookies will spread! I ended up with 7 cookies, but that will vary based on the size of your cookies.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar, then slightly press them down with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. They will be puffy and soft at first but will set as they cool.
- Category: Dessert