This Bundt Cake Banana Bread is soft and flavorful – made with overripe bananas, it’s a simple, classic recipe that’s easy and delicious!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups mashed banana (7-8 medium)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cooking oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional (walnuts or pecans work well)
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Add the wet mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts, if applicable.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (if necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning).
Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Flip out of the pan and enjoy warm. Or wrap tightly to store. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Makes one bundt cake pan of banana bread (20–24 slices).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana, bread, bananas, overripe, bundt, bundt cake, cake, banana cake, banana bread, easy, recipe