- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding mix, flour, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream. Mix until well incorporated.
- Divide into two 7-inch (or 8-inch) pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Place one layer on a cake board (or cake stand), top-down, and pipe a stiff dam of frosting around the edge.
- Spread the lemon curd on the layer of cake, then fill the dam of frosting with vanilla buttercream.
- Top with the second layer of cake.
- Frost the outside of the cake with vanilla buttercream and smooth it. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the yellow drip to the chilled cake and chill again until it's set.
- Decorate with more buttercream, chocolate brushes, and candied lemons.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: candied lemons, candied, lemon, lemons, cake, vanilla, buttercream,