- 1 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of McCormick Vanilla
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat until very smooth and light. Add the flour and baking powder, then mix on low until well combined.
- Shape the dough into 1.5 inch balls. I used a cookie scoop to do this... that makes it so easy!
- Place the balls 3 inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave that much space - these babies spread out!
- Make an indention on each cookie using your thumb - roll it around to hollow out a good "pocket" for the pecan pie filling.
- In a small mixing bowl, gently stir together the filling ingredients: pecans, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and vanilla.
- Fill each cookie with a heaping teaspoon of filling. That stuff is good!
- Bake for 10 - 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow them to cool on the pan for at least one minute, then transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool for at least another 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and completely melted. Drizzle with a fork over the cooled cookies and let them set for a few minutes.
- Or eat them instantly... licking the warm chocolate off your lips to avoid being caught!
- _adapted from Taste of Home Magazine
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins