Got Cranberry Sauce? Use it up on this amazing from scratch meatball recipe that only takes a few minutes to prep and you end up with mouthwatering, flavor-popping Cranberry BBQ Meatballs perfect for a holiday party or a football gathering!
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 pound mild country sausage
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Cranberry BBQ Sauce:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the meatballs.
3. Shape the meat mixture into 1 ½ inch balls and place on a large baking sheet greased with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes at 350°F until browned and cooked through.
5. While the meatballs are baking, prepare the cranberry BBQ sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine the ingredients for the sauce, then cook over medium heat until the sauce begins to simmer.
6. Cover with a lid and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring often.
8. Spoon the BBQ sauce over the meatballs.
9. Bake the meatballs at 350°F for another 10-15 minutes.
- These meatballs are really perfect for a party appetizer, but could be made into dinner when served with small Hawaiian dinner rolls to make little meatball sandwiches.
- For a party, some might want to put the meatballs in a slow cooker. This would totally work! Follow the instructions through step 3, then transfer the cooked meatballs into a slow cooker instead of a glass baking dish. The sauce can then be poured over the meatballs and they can be cooked on low for 1 hour then kept on the warm setting.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry, sauce, bbq sauce, bbq, cranberry sauce, meatballs, appetizer, cranberry meatballs, bbq meatballs, barbeque