- 1.5 – 2 lbs. cooked ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3–4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard (like French’s)
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a 3 quart slow cooker(or larger), add all ingredients. *If you like, you can cook the ground beef in a skillet with the onions and pepper so that they’re tender going into the slow cooker. Honestly, it works beautifully either way and I’ve done both!
- Stir it all up and let it simmer on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot on buns… it’s SO delicious! Way better than anything you’ll get out of a can!