For the Cake
- 1 15.25 oz. Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup of extra chocolate cake mix or plain flour
- 1 3.4 oz. box of instant pudding mix
- 3 whole large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 16 oz. Caramel Sauce (or ice cream topping)
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups of fresh whipped cream*
- 3 Heath Bars, crushed
For the whipped cream*
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- *You can use Cool Whip here… but really, if you can, make your own fresh whipped cream. You won’t regret it!
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray three (3) 8″ pans with non-stick spray. Mix up all of the cake ingredients. Divide the batter between the 3 pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- *While they’re baking, if you’re going to make fresh whipped cream, do it now. Just pour the heavy cream into a bowl and use the whisk attachments on a hand mixer to mix, mix, mix until stiff peaks form. Add in the sugar a little at a time until it’s incorporated. Chill until ready to use!
- Let the cakes cool for in the pan, then flip the first one out onto a cake plate. Poke holes in it with a fork and drizzle over it 1/3 of the condensed milk and 1/3 of the caramel sauce. After it soaks in for a couple of minutes, spread 1/3 of the whipped cream over the top, then sprinkle one of the crushed Heath bars onto the cool whip.
- Repeat these layers two more times. Drizzle some caramel over the top just for fun.
- Serve immediately or chill in the frig until ready to serve!