These Easy Christmas Reindeer Cookies are delicious and buttery. Create these fun and easy reindeer with a popular cookie cutter.
- In the bowl of your mixer, fitted with cookie paddles or with the paddle attachment, mix the flour and powdered sugar to combine.
- Add the softened butter to the dry mixture. Mix on low speed until no visible chunks of butter remain. You want to achieve a sandy texture.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and the egg. Mix on low speed. The dough should not come together completely into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead it together into a ball. Then wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or 15 min in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Now that the dough is chilled, roll it out to 1/ 8 inch (4 mm) thick. (Note: Roll out on a sheet of baking parchment to avoid adding too much flour. Adding too much flour can change the texture of the dough.)
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter upside down to make reindeer.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. They will firm up.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each time. Once chocolate is looking almost melted, don't microwave it again, just stir the chocolate until it is completely smooth.
- Place melted chocolate into an icing bottle or piping bag to pipe the antlers, ears, and eyes. You can also use a small zip-top freezer bag and snip off the corner for piping.
- Attach a red sugar pearl to the melted chocolate to form the nose.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for 5 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- You can leave the dough overnight in the fridge. The following day, leave it at room temperature for 1 hour before starting.
- This recipe yielded 15 cookies for me, but this will vary depending on the size of your cookie cutter. Mine is 3.5 in x 2.5 in.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, reindeer cookies, reindeer, Christmas, Christmas cookies, easy, baking, Christmas desserts, Christmas baking