These Easy Mini Gingerbread Men might be my most favorite Christmas cookies! They’re just so stinkin’ cute and easy to make and no detailed decorations are required for them to be fun and festive.
2/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
¼ cup molasses
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2–3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, add the oil, molasses, and brown sugar. Mix well until combined.
2. Add in eggs one at a time mixing well between each addition.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix on medium-low speed until a crumbly mixture forms.
5. Using a spatula or a clean hand, press the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
1. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepared a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Remove your dough from the refrigerator and place on a floured surface. Roll out to about ¼ inch thickness and using a mini gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out the desired amount of cookies and place on the prepared baking sheet. (you can place extra dough in the refrigerator for later use)
3. Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes or until they look fluffy and brown.
4. Generously sift powdered sugar over top once they come out of the oven. Allow to cool and serve.
These require advanced preparation – the dough must be chilled for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread, gingerbread men, gingerbread cookies, easy, christmas, christmas cookies, cookies