are a delightful twist on the classic marshmallow squares that we all know and love. These treats take the traditional Rice Krispie Treats recipe and infuse it with the warm and cozy flavors of pumpkin pie.
- Combine butter, marshmallows, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in a heavy-bottomed quart large pan, and heat over low-medium heat, stirring, until marshmallows are melted.
- Add crispy rice, and stir until fully combined.
- Press into a buttered 9x13 inch pan for thinner bars, or 9x9 inch for thicker bars. I find this works best using buttered hands. You could also use a buttered spatula.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more, then cut into 12 bars and serve.
- Use fresh marshmallows - Be sure your marshmallows are fresh and not expired. Old marshmallows are often dry and hard and they do not melt as easily.
- Do not burn the marshmallows & butter - when melting your mixture, do it slowly and watch it constantly. It's easy to overcook or burn the marshmallow-butter combo.
- Use butter to prevent sticking - use a buttered spoon or spatula to move the rice krispie treats to the baking dish and to press them down. You can also use buttered hands to press the treats down to prevent sticking.
- Do not press too hard into the pan - while you want to press them firmly and evenly, do not press them down too hard or you will end up with dense, hard treats.
- Let them cool completely - It can be tempting to dig into your Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats right away, but allowing them to cool completely will give them time to set and firm up. This will make them easier to cut and serve.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Rest Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin rice krispie treats, pumpkin spice rice krispie treats, pumpkin pie rice krispie treats, pumpkin rice krispie treats recipe, pumpkin rice krispie treats with rolos, pumpkin flavor rice krispie treats, halloween pumpkin rice krispie treats