Easy Taco Soup - this can be made totally from scratch or easily from canned goods! It's delicious, filling and always a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of whole kernal corn (you can also use frozen corn or 1 cup of fresh corn, cut off the cob)
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (or 1 cup of fresh or frozen diced tomatoes + 1 small can of diced green chiles)
- 1 can kidney (red) beans (or 1 cup)
- 1 can great northern (white) beans (or 1 cup)
- 1 can black beans (or 1 cup)
- 1 pkg. dry taco seasoning mix (or 3 Tbsp. of homemade Taco seasoning mix)
- 1 pack dry ranch dressing mix
- Add 1-2 cups water
- Optional Toppings:
- Corn Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Bread
- Shredded Cheese (any variety)
- Sour Cream
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion, drain.
- Add all canned items (or frozen items) and seasonings, plus 1-2 cups of water. If you're using canned foods, don't drain any of them. If you're using frozen, you may need to add an extra cup or two of water. Simmer for at least one hour – add water as needed.
- You can also put all of this in the crock pot on very low and let it cook for 4-6 hours.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Cook
Keywords: soup, taco, taco soup, easy, crock pot, slow cooker,