This Green Buttercream Roses cake was made for a very special friend of mine. Well, Terry is my friend and it was actually made for her teenage daughter, Kaycee. But you know what I mean.
Anywho… I “met” Terry on Facebook, but unlike a lot of my online friends, Terry actually lives here in my hometown so we eventually met in person and I just adore her. She’s funny and genuine and honest and one of a kind! With Terry – what you see is what you get and I love that in people! It’s so rare these days!
But let’s talk about the cake. It was a little counter-intuitive for me… it’s a lemon cake with lemon frosting and it’s green. Doesn’t that seem wrong somehow? It’s like when I made that cake covered brown vanilla buttercream. Brown icing is just supposed to be chocolate… and lemon frosting should be yellow, right? Is anybody with me on this?
It didn’t matter though… Terry wanted her daughter to have a green lemon cake because that was her favorite color and flavor, so a green lemon cake is what she got!! 🙂
Here’s what I can tell you about this cake:
- 8″ round lemon cake (I love Magic Line pans!!)
- Green lemon cream cheese buttercream piped with a Wilton 1M Tip
- I used Americolor Leaf Green to get the color
- Homemade marshmallow fondant for the plaque
- Tappit Funky Alphabet Cutters for Kaycee’s name (here’s my post on how to use tappit cutters)
- I used a crinkled oval cutter for the plaque but it wasn’t quite big enough so I used my small rolling pin to roll it out longer.
And that’s it, I guess! Do you have any questions about this cake? Leave me a comment!!
PS. If you’re not already subscribed to my blog, would you? You can sign up here for my free email updates and then you’ll never miss a cake or dessert or deal or any other quirky thing I choose to post here! 🙂