This Homemade Robin Egg Chocolate Cake Recipe is so easy and perfect for Easter or a spring dessert! You're going to love this moist, delicious cake and how easy it is to decorate for a family dinner or baby shower.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Cocoa
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of Hot Water
- 1/2 a cup of Buttermilk
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- White Frosting
- Blue Gel Food Coloring
- 2 tablespoons of Cocoa
- Bristle Pastry Brush
- Start by adding your sugar, butter, cocoa and water to a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add in buttermilk, flour, baking soda, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until well combined.
- Pour evenly into two well greased and floured, round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, add food coloring to icing and stir, until you achieve a robin egg blue. I started with 3 small dots and slowly added.
- Once your cake is cool, ice it with blue icing.
- In a small bowl add cocoa, and slowly add water until it is paint consistency.
- Dip your brush in and flick the mixture onto your cake to create a speckled effect.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: robin egg, robins egg cake, robins egg chocolate cake, homemade chocolate cake, from-scratch chocolate cake, easter cake, egg cake