Hot Chocolate Cookies - these soft and chewy cookies are perfect for the holidays! Filled with Hot Cocoa flavor, they are chocolatey on the outside and filled with gooey melted mini marshmallows on the inside. All you need to add is a glass of milk!
- Place the mini marshmallows in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, hot cocoa mix, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and combine well.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and make a well in the center.
- Place 2-3 mini marshmallows in well, and top with another tablespoon of cookie dough, pressing edges together to seal marshmallows inside as much as possible.
- Continue with the remaining dough, spacing on a parchment-lined baking sheet with about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack or plate to cool completely.
*Freezing the marshmallows isn’t 100% necessary, but it helps keep them from melting into the cookie as they bake.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot chocolate cookies, hot chocolate cookies recipe. hot cocoa cookies, hot chocolate cookie recipe, hot cocoa cookie, hot cocoa cookie recipes, hot chocolate mashmallow cookies , recipes using hot chocolate mix, hot chocolate cookies with marshmallows,