A Hot Pink & Black Mustache Cake. That's an odd combination, huh? I honestly don't remember the details for this theme. I think it was a 16th birthday party... maybe?
You see recently my laptop was broken again and since getting it back, I've been restoring and organizing my thousands of photos. I discovered that I still have a few cakes from 2014 that I haven't shared and while I decided to skip over a lot of them, this is one that I really liked and wanted to publish.
Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I totally flopped on the Write 31 Days Challenge (today is Day 18). You can read about my weekend here, here and here. Bottom line... I was incredibly busy and enjoying some precious time with my best friend and her family and well... my writing just flew out the window.
But I'm back - and although it's late, I'm going to share a cake...
Hot Pink & Black Mustache Cake
Here are the details...
- First, this cake was 6" and 8" round tiers, baked in my favorite Magic Line pans.
- It was chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling.
- Then the fondant was homemade marshmallow fondant, except the black was Satin Ice.
- The mustaches were cut with this cutter/plunger set.
- I used Americolor Electric Pink to get the bright, bright pink.
- I cut the stripes with one of my most favorite tools... this ribbon cutter.
- I hand-rolled the balls for the border.
- I have a tutorial for ribbon borders here... but no tutorial for that bow yet. 🙁
I think that's all I can tell ya! Did I leave anything out? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you if I can!
Here are some other hot pink cakes I've done: