- 2 (15.25 oz) white cake mixes
- 6 whole large eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups pink frosting
- 3 cups orange frosting
- 2.5 cups yellow frosting
- 2 cups green frosting
- 2 cups blue frosting
- 1.5 cups purple frosting
- 5 cups white frosting
*these are the approximate amounts of frosting I used. This may vary depending on how heavy-handed you are with the frosting, how much you overlap the rosettes, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix on medium just until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the batter into a cupcake pan lined with liners.
- Bake for 19 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool.
- On a prepped 20x30 inch board, lay out the cupcakes in a rainbow shape with clouds.
- After you're happy with the layout, "glue" them to the board with a dot of frosting on the bottom of each cupcake.
- Pipe rosettes on the rainbow, slightly overlaying each color until it's complete.
- Pipe white rosettes for the clouds.