This Imitation Crab Pasta Salad Recipe is cool, creamy, and delicious. It's easy to make-ahead and filled with chunks of yummy crab meat.
- 1 lb. dry pasta (I usually use bowtie or rotini)
- 12 - 16 oz. imitation crab, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use Lawry's)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (optional, good with or without)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 10 to 12 minutes (or according to package directions).
- Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a very large bowl, combine the crab meat, mayonnaise, buttermilk, onions*, garlic, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the pasta and toss until well coated. It can be eaten immediately but it's really better if you cover and chill it for a few hours or overnight.