These black-eyed peas are so easy in the Instant Pot! No worries about soaking, scorching, under-cooking, etc! They’re delicious!
- Add all ingredients into the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Make sure the top knob is turned to “Sealing”.
- Press the Manual Button.
- Adjust “Pressure” to high (if not there already).
- Set for 30 minutes (using the + or – buttons) and you’re done!
- I let mine cook, then naturally cool (although it will keep warm until you turn it off).
- They were perfect – no other seasonings were needed!!
- *We like our black-eyed peas really soft. If you prefer them a little more firm, you might want to cook for 20 or 25 minutes vs. 30.
- **It will take longer than 30 minutes for them to be ready to eat because you have to wait for it to pressurize and then wait for it to depressurize, but it’s insanely faster than soaking then cooking on the stove the traditional way. I put 50 minutes total “cook time” assuming 10 minutes to reach pressure and 10 minutes too cool. Those times may vary.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cook
Keywords: instant pot, pressure cooker, peas, black eyed peas, new years, beans