One of the cakes I baked for today was a ladybug cake. Nothing new, right? I’ve done this ladybug cake before….twice. I’ve also done a little pink ladybug… so cute. But today, a Ladybug Cake with a Bright Twist! Little Kiele wanted her ladybug cake to have purple spots and a bright pink bow!
So I brightened things up all around… no pastel flowers here. I added a pretty bright purple and pink and yellow flowers too!
Isn’t that cute? Kiele and her brother celebrated their birthday together today… I posted pictures of Seth’s Power Rangers Cake here! Happy weekend!!
Ladybug Cake with a Bright Twist
A few more details about the cake:
- I used coconut colored with green gel colors for the grass.
- The flowers were cut with flower cutters and round cutters for the center.
- The body was made from the Wilton Soccer Ball pan plus an 8″ round cake on bottom to add height.
- The body was covered with Satin Ice red fondant.
- The head was made with rice cereal treats covered in black fondant.
- I used pipe cleaners for the antennas.
- All colors other than red and black were homemade marshmallow fondant.
If you have questions about any details I’ve missed, leave me a comment! Thanks for reading!