- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and cream cheese until very smooth. Add in the vanilla and mix again.
- Begin adding powdered sugar, one cup at a time up to 8 cups.
- Your frosting will be very stiff at this point - now add in the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Mix and check the consistency.
- From here, I had to add a little more powdered sugar (it was too soft) but then I went too far, so I added a little more milk. Just play with it until you get a consistency you're happy with! I made mine on the softer side so it was silky smooth ... but still able to hold it's shape!