This soup has two of the best things ever in one warm and creamy soup: Mac & Cheese and Chicken Soup. If you want a from-scratch (no cream of chicken soup here!), easy and delicious meal that's got everything you need in one pot, try this recipe tonight!
- Cook pasta per package directions, drain & set aside
- Salt and pepper the chicken to taste and cook in 1 tablespoon of butter until done, remove from skillet and set aside
- Add remaining butter in the same skillet and cook onion and red bell pepper until tender and transparent.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, milk, and mustard and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in broccoli and chicken until broccoli is cooked - around 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand 1 minute then stir in cooked pasta and cheese until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!