The giveaway is now closed and the winner is…
#19 – Megan who said:
Congratulations!! I’ve sent out an email to you Megan – please respond within 48 hours to claim your cookbook!
This week I have a fun review and cookbook giveaway to share with you! You see… I recently received a copy of the new cookbook: Muffin Tin Chef by Matt Kadey and I was asked to do a review.
In fact, there are exactly 101 recipes to choose from… everything from Peach-Stuffed French Toast to Egg & Sausage Polenta Cups to Lasagna Rolls! It was hard to choose what to try first!
So we made it together! My son Joshua made up the pizza dough (p 71) and I made the sauce and cooked the chicken breast. Then he combined it all together and made the pizza “muffins”!
And drum roll please…. they were delicious!! Except not happening to notice that the pizza dough had to rise for an hour (which made our supper much later than normal), these were easy to make and a perfect no-fuss meal!
We actually doubled the recipe and Joshua made half of them with pepperoni (he was skeptical that he and the other kids would like chicken pizza)!
But actually, all the kids loved them… both chicken and pepperoni!
My thoughts… this cookbook is a really fun addition to my collection! While cooking things other than muffins in a muffin pan is not an entirely new concept, this cookbook includes some fresh ideas, delicious-looking recipes, and loads of great tips and information about types of pans, avoiding dried out food, and much more!
Would you like your very own copy of Muffin Tin Chef? To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post telling me what (if anything) you’ve ever cooked in your muffin tin, besides muffiins or cupcakes!!
For extra entries, subscribe to Rose Bakes via email and leave a separate comment and/or like Rose Bakes on Facebook and leave a separate comment. You can also follow Rose Bakes on Pinterest and leave a separate comment. If you already do these things, you can leave a comment for each one saying so! Limit 4 entries per person!
Giveaway will close on
Sunday, June 10 at 8pm CDT Monday, June 11 at 8pm CDT!!
So here’s my adapted recipe! Enjoy!!Print
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water (105°-115°F)
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp) – we used rapid rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
For the Filling
- 1/2 pound (about 1 cup) of cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup of marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade) I used Newman’s Own Marinara
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives – we omitted this
- 1/3 cup fresh torn basil – we used dried basil – no fresh to be had around here
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 8 ounces), divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Pizza Dough
- In a large bowl mix together the water, yeast, sugar and salt. Let it rest until the yeast is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Add the flours and cornmeal to the bowl and mix until a dough starts to form. If the dough is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it comes together. Transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Push on the dough with your finger – if an indention remains, it’s ready for rising! Place the dough in a greased bowl, turn to coat and cover with a towel. Place in a warm, draft-free place and allow it to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
For the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, marinara sauce, garlic, olives, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Also add in half the mozzarella. Divide the prepared dough into 12 equal balls and flatten each one into a 6″ round. Stuff the dough into the muffin cups.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the dough cups and top each with the remaining mozzarella. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crisp. Let it cool for several minutes before unmolding and serving!
*Please note: I received a complimentary copy of Muffin Tin Chef and was not required to do a review. All of the opinions expressed in this post are mine and were not influenced by receiving a free copy! One or more links in this post are referral and/or affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.