Today I’m sharing an easy recipe perfect for a busy weeknight! If you’re in the market for simple, delicious and wholesome – you really should try this Mustard Chicken Bowl with Quinoa!
Years ago, before I had children and a cake business and a blog and a homeschool… I was a lot more adventurous when it came to cooking. I’m talking almost 20 years ago – when we lived in Idaho and were newlyweds!
That’s the first time I had Quinoa… and I really liked it! Fast forward and about 5 years ago, I had it again in the form of pasta and I fell in love all over again (have you guys tried Quinoa Pasta? It looks and tastes like regular pasta except whole grain and gluten-free!).
Anyway… that’s why when I saw this recipe, I knew it would be a good one! Chicken, quinoa, a little kick of mustard and then fresh veggies!! So delish!
If that’s not reason enough to try this recipe – then consider this: it’s super-duper easy for those busy weeknights as you get back into school routines or hurry home from work and need a filling meal in a hurry. This meal can come together in as little as 30 minutes! That’s my kind of cooking!
Mustard Chicken Bowl with Quinoa
Are you ready? Here’s the printable recipe for ya:Print
This delicious chicken dish is so easy – perfect for a busy weeknight!
- 1 Pound chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa seeds
- 3 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ Cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsps mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 Tsps garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix the chicken with 1 tbsp mustard and the condiments (rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper).
- Transfer to a pan over medium heat and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Fill a bowl with the quinoa and the chicken.
- Top with the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Drizzle mustard over the bowl.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Tip: Wanna swap out the quinoa? Replace the quinoa seeds with rice or pasta.
- Category: Main
Looking for more chicken recipes? Give these favorites a try: