This Creamy Grape Salad is my Mama’s recipe and it’s one of those recipes that simply must be present at all church get-togethers!
It’s creamy and crunchy and cool and light and well… delicious! It also comes together pretty easily and can be made ahead of time if you need a dish to take somewhere but can’t make anything at the last minute!
I honestly don’t make it all that much myself because Mama makes it often enough that I don’t have to, but when I do, I’m reminded of how easy it is… and it’s absolutely delicious every time! Here are the ingredients:
And when I made the salad today, my daughter Sarah helped me. Here are some pics from making them:
So.. here you go:Print
Creamy Grape Salad
- 4 pounds of seedless grapes (green and/or purple – I use 2 lbs of each)
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Wash and dry the grapes, then cut them all in half (the cutting step can be skipped, but the grapes seem to absorb the flavor better if they’re cut and it adds an extra texture).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and white sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the “dressing” over the grapes and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, mix again and refrigerate for a couple of hours to chill or until you’re ready to serve.
- *For a healthier version, I have heard that this salad is also wonderful using Splenda instead of sugar, fat free cream cheese and low fat sour cream! I haven’t tried it myself but I’d love to hear about it if you have!