Monkeys are so cute and a fun idea for a baby shower, don't you think? What I loved best about making these Neutral Baby Shower Monkey Face Cupcakes was that they were so easy to make!
These monkey cupcakes were designed to match a fun baby shower theme... called Little Monkey Neutral Baby Shower Theme.
These were for a neutral shower - they picked the green so it could be boy or girl!
As you can see, I made lots and lots and lots of monkey cupcakes!
I made the circles for the whole head and ears and glued those together first with sugar glue. Then I laid on the eyes, then the nose/mouth area and glued those. To finish them off, I drew on the eyes, nose and moth with food markers.
To make these monkey cupcakes, here are the things I used:
- 3 Dozen Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Buttercream (tinted green with Americolor Leaf Green)
- Dark/Chocolate Fondant (and some marshmallow fondant mixed in for the lighter brown)
- Round Cutters for the head and ears (ears are a circle cut in half)
- Oval Cutter for the face/mouth area
- Flower Cutter (used ⅓ of a flower for the eyes)
- Xacto Knife for trimming the ears, eyes, etc.
- Ateco Food Markers to draw the eyes nose and mouth
- Tylose (mixed with water) as "glue" to put the faces together
Did I miss any details? Do you have any questions about these cupcakes? Please leave them in the comments!