This rich, delicious chocolate cake is perfect for every occassion and won’t leave your kitchen a wreck because you only mess up one bowl!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare two 8″ or 9″ round pans (or I’ve also used a 9″x13″ sheet cake pan). You can either grease and flour the pans, use non-stick cooking spray, or use homemade cake pan release.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed, then stir in the boiling water.
- Pour into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then flip them out on a wire rack and let completely cool before frosting.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolate, cake, easy, one bowl, chocolate cake, fudge, dark, dark chocolate