It’s Day 4 of the Write 31 Days challenge and gosh… was it a day!? Today was one of those homeschooling days that made me doubt my choice to stay home with my kids. Maybe if I’d have had a big slice of this Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie, things wouldn’t have been so bad.
What happened? Well, teaching a child to read is hard. Teaching 4 children in 4 different grades is really hard. Today it involved tears and frustration and cutting the lessons short to avoid full-blown meltdowns.
I mean… it’s peanut butter and chocolate. In a pie. That has to help everybody feel better and be a little less stressed out!
To be honest, I’m not a huge peanut butter lover. But there are a few exceptions… like Reeses and Peanut Butter Frosting. And pie, of course!
Our day did get better… After I decided we didn’t have to learn all.the.things. today, the little one finished up his letter matching game and was smiling when he matched them all. The older kids finished off the afternoon on the trampoline and in the sunshine.
I retreated to the recliner with some ibuprofen and Little Debbie cakes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
If I’d have been a little more motivated, I might have whipped up this pie, but I was just emotionally exhausted. I was also physically sore from my kettlebell exercise yesterday (the first time in ages!). I just wanted to curl up under a blanket and pray my headache would ease up.
Most of all, I hoped that I’d miraculously wake up with already-educated children tomorrow? Maybe??
So, are you ready for the recipe? This pie is really easy to pull together. The hardest thing is the 2 hours of waiting while it chills and sets up! Who wants to wait for pie for 2 hours?? Nobody – that’s who! If you’d like, you can skip the homemade crust and use a store-bought frozen one. I’m not ashamed to say I use that shortcut all the time!
Here’s the printable recipe for you:Print
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- ¼ Cup cocoa powder
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 ¼ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees. Butter a pie dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter, water, sugar, and flour. Mix it until a thick dough forms.
- Next, press it into the pie dish, poke holes with a fork all over the bottom and bake for 15 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix in a bowl the peanut butter, cocoa powder, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sugar until well incorporated.
- Then slowly pour the heavy cream and mix until the mixture is fluffy. It will take at least 3-4 minutes.
- Spread the mix into the pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After it’s set, you can garnish with chocolate shavings and chocolate syrup.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Tip: You can also use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour for a gluten-free version.
- *If you want to skip the homemade crust and use a store-bought one, that works just fine for this recipe. I buy the deep dish ones and bake them according to package directions!
- Cuisine: Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
Do you love pie? Here are some other favorites: