A perfect roll-out sugar cookie that cuts out perfectly and holds it’s shape when baked! Oh and they also stay soft and taste fantastic!
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy with mixer (I use my Kitchenaid) at medium speed.
- Next add the egg yolk, beat it some more, then add the whole egg. Mix in the vanilla and almond.
- Add flour and beat on low until well-combined. Do not overbeat. The dough will be sticky!
- Divide the dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour, but I usually do mine the day before.
- When you’re ready to bake, allow the dough to come to room temp for at least 10 minutes, then knead it until it gets back to a smooth texture.
- Preheat over to 375°. Sprinkle your work surface and rolling pin with flour. For best results, roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Continue sprinkling flour when needed to prevent dough from sticking. Use your cutters to cut the cookies into the desired shapes then place on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Now don’t skip this step! Stick the cookies (on the sheets) back in the freezer for exactly 10 minutes to allow them to re-chill. This will keep your cookies perfectly shaped! When they’re chilled, bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on size) for the perfect cookie!
- I rarely get browned edges with these cookies – they hold their shape, taste yummy, and are not crunchy! After trying multiple recipes, this has to be my favorite!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: sugar cookies, easy, roll out, easy cut out cookies, holiday cut out cookies