If you love pumpkin bread, and cheesecake, you're going to love this recipe! It's really delicious, easy to make and is a fabulous Fall dessert. You can serve it after a five course meal, or after big bowls of Chili, or Thanksgiving dinner, either way, it's so versatile it really goes with anything.
- Preheat ovent to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar, orange zest, canned pumpkin, oil, and vanilla, and blend well.
- In the middle/on top of the pumpkin/egg mixture, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt, and blend the dry ingredients together right on top of the pumpkin mixture, and then blend the flour and spices into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Add nuts and raisins at this time, if desired, and blend into batter. Set aside.
- Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Fill the bottom of the pan with the batter, about an inch deep.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a loaf pan, and flour the pan. Tap out any excess flour. Pour the remaining batter in the loaf pan.
- Place the springform pan, and the loaf pan in the oven at 350°F for 45 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.* Once the pumpkin bread crust is done (and the loaf) remove from oven to a wire rack to cool.
*Note: the springform pan may be done before the loaf pan, so watch them closely.
- While the crust is cooling, make the cheesecake filling. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the 5 packages of softened cream cheese, and about 1/2 of the heavy cream, and blend until smooth, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blending until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, and pinch of salt, and blend well.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time with a little of the cream, alternating between additions, and blending well between additions. Scrape the sides of the bowl again, and blend until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Place the mixing bowl with the cheesecake filling in the refrigerator. When the crust is cool, remove the cheesecake filling from the refrigerator, and pour into the springform pan on top of the pumpkin bread crust, smoothing the cheesecake with a spatula.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator, and allow to chill and set overnight.
- When ready to serve, crumble the pumpkin bread from the loaf pan on top of the cheesecake, and then remove the outside of the springform pan.
- Cut in pieces, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/16th
Keywords: cheesecake, pumpkin, pumpkin bread, bread, pumpkin bread bottom cheesecake, fall, thanksgiving, cream cheese