These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are light and moist treats - perfect for breakfast, dessert, or an after-school snack! They have a hint of pumpkin flavor and are loaded with chocolate chips - you're going to love these this Fall!
- 3 cups (700 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (120 ml) of salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (177 ml) of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 can (15-ounces) of pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon(15 ml) pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 2 cups (475 ml) of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix butter, sugar, sour cream, extract, pumpkin puree, milk, and eggs in a bowl. Whisk well until mixed.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time and mix until completely combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Place muffin liners into a muffin tray and scoop batter into the liners. Fill to ¾ way full for best results. Filling more will create possible spillage, and filling too little may create smaller muffins.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Tops should be firm and have slightly cracked when muffins are completely cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Best served warm with a pat of butter.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin muffins, muffins, bread, chocolate chip, breakfast, fall, fall recipe, recipe