Photo courtesy of Sweetopia, used with permission.
Sometimes I run across great ideas and amazing tutorials that I want to share with you, so I thought maybe from time-to-time, I’ll just do a post sharing my favorite links!
I asked on Facebook for ideas on what to name this series and there were quite a few that stood out to me. I really liked Rose Shares (as you can see!), Cake Bytes, Goody Goody Gumdrops (so much fun!!) and Cake Crumbs (my idea…ha!). But Rose Shares really did seem to “fit” my blog the best and its simple and to the point and lots of you liked it, so that’s the name…a t least for now!
Anywho… here are the links I’ve stumbled across lately and bookmarked to share!
- How cute are those royal icing turtle cupcake toppers featured up top? Find out how to make them over at Sweetopia!
- This link was sent to me by my friend Yaneri of Sweet Bakes of Mine. I’d have never dreamed there were 3 Ways to Freeze Cupcake Batter for Later! Who knew?
- Did you know you can make your own molds and it’s super easy and cheap and you can use up all that old fondant that you usually throw away? I didn’t! When I asked about making molds on Facebook, several of you referred me to Verusca and WOW – how have I never heard of her before? (oops – that video is gone 🙁 )
- Have you ever wondered how to use different colors on a cake or cookies and have them match really well and not clash? Well now you can find out… check out this post for Making Icing Colors Match by The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle. She’s talking about cookies, but this would also work for cakes and cupcakes!!
- I mentioned this back when I did the Teal & Lavender Roses cake, but it’s worth mentioning again because you can also use this technique on cupcakes and it is an easy way to get the “wow” factor! Check out how to swirl colored icing for cupcakes here.
If you come across a great tutorial, idea, tip or recipe (or you write one yourself!) that you would like me to consider sharing, please leave a comment, post it on my Facebook wall, or send me an email to rosebakes (at) live (dot) com!