This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias This Salted Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Almonds Bark is packed with delicious salty & sweet flavor. This better-for-you indulgence goes a long way toward satisfying your sweet tooth without any guilt! Check out the DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut Site here.
I’m gonna confess here that pretty much anything that includes nuts and dark chocolate is on my list of favorites. And then there’s chocolate dipped strawberries… another absolute favorite. So when I made this Salted Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Almonds Bark… well, let’s just call it heaven because it has all the good things. Dark chocolate, crunchy almonds, sweet strawberries, a little salt for contrast… truly – this bark has it all.
And bonus… this is a better-for-you snack that you don’t have to feel guilty about. It’s made with DOVE® Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Cocoa Almond which satisfies your cravings for something sweet but also has the wellness benefits of dark chocolate with fruits and nuts! You can enjoy this indulgence and still stay on track with your goals for the New Year! I’d call that a win-win!
Oh… and you’ll see in the pics below that I also purchased the DOVE® Roasted Almonds covered in Milk Chocolate. I didn’t use them in the recipe, but gosh, they are so delicious and I might have already gone back for a second bag 😉
So, without too much more rambling… let me show you how to make it! You’ll find everything you need at your local Walmart. Be sure to look for the DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut products on a special display this month!
Alrighty… here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips + 1 oz. extra for drizzle if desired
- 3 oz. whole unsalted almonds
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry jam
- 1 tsp. course sea salt
- 1 bag DOVE® Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Cocoa Almond ( I have the DOVE® Roasted Almonds covered in Milk Chocolate and the DOVE® Dark Chocolate Blueberry & Vanilla Cashew varieties pictured here that you could absolutely use, but I only used the strawberry variety for my recipe)
- 1 large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
When you’re all ready, start by melting the dark chocolate chips in the microwave, then spreading it out on the parchment paper. Stick it in the frig to set for at least 10 minutes. While its chilling, go ahead and chop up your whole unsalted almonds. Also, melt the white chocolate chips, then microwave the strawberry jam for about a minute so it will be thin and easily spreadable.
Take the dark chocolate out of the frig, then spread the white chocolate and strawberry jam over it. Swirl it together. Before it sets (it won’t set super fast, so you have a little time here), go ahead and sprinkle with the almonds, sea salt, and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Cocoa Almond pieces.
Now… here’s where you can make it even prettier (although in my opinion – any chocolate combination like this is gorgeous all on it’s own 😉 ). Take an extra ounce of white chocolate and melt it, then put it in the corner of a plastic freezer bag. Snip off a tiny bit of the corner, then use it to “pipe” white chocolate over the top.
Alrighty… now all you have to do is wait. Stick the whole cookie sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, then take it out and break the candy into pieces. You can enjoy this Salted Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Almonds Bark immediately, or store in the frig until you’re ready to enjoy it!
Tell me, tell me… do you love the salty-sweet combo? Oh, and be sure to grab a coupon for DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut products here and visit their social hub here! Now… here’s the the printable recipe for ya:Print
This Salted Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Nuts Bark is packed with delicious salty & sweet flavor. This better-for-you indulgence goes a long way toward satisfying your sweet tooth without any guilt!
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals – stirring after each time until completely melted and smooth. Spread into a thin layer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Chill for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While it’s chilling, chop the whole almonds. Next melt the white chocolate (also in 30 second intervals) and microwave the strawberry jam (for 30 seconds – 1 minute) until thinned and smooth.
- Use a spoon so spread the melted white chocolate and warmed jam over the dark chocolate – then swirl together. Before it sets, sprinkle the chopped almonds, sea salt and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Cocoa Almond pieces evenly over the bark.
- Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Refrigerate if not eaten immediately.