- 1 pound dry pasta - I used mezzi rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds spicy Italian sausage
- 2 (24 ounce) jars Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried parsley, for garnish
- Add about 2 tablespoons of salt into a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than recommended on the package. I undercook the pasta at this stage because it will cook again later and I don't like overcooked pasta! Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then add in the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is clear. Remove the sausage from the casing and crumble it into the skillet. Cook until done, then drain any excess grease.
- Pour in the 2 jars of Ragu Homestyle sauce, mix into the sausage, then heat until simmering; around 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To assemble the recipe, start by spreading some sauce in the bottom of a rectangle baking dish. Then pour in about half the pasta. Top with half the mozzarella, then half the sauce. Repeat these steps. Sprinkle the parmesan and parsley over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Enjoy!!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian