This easy, delicious recipe for Strawberry Jalapeno Baked Brie is sure to impress any crowd!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 1 round of Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup jam, jelly, or preserves (I recommend one with a little kick!)
- 1 egg, whisked with a fork
- 1/4 cup of honey
- Strawberries, apples, crusty bread for serving with (not all pictured)
- Start by setting out a sheet of puff pastry and letting it come to room temp (follow the package directions). Use a small rolling pin to roll it out to a square about 12" x 12" on parchment paper.
- This is optional, but I trimmed the rind off of the Brie cheese. I've read arguments for leaving it and taking it off, but I tried it both ways and we definitely liked it better without the rind.
- Place the cheese in the center of the puff pastry, top with the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread, then begin wrapping the puff pastry around the cheese. I don't have a lot of practice with this but I learned the first time that you don't want the puff pastry to be piled up thick in multiple layers... it will not bake all the way through.
- To avoid that scenario, wrap it up tight, using the egg wash to seal all the seams - making sure to trim off excess so that it's not super thick on top. I used some of the scrap pastry to add some "leaves" to the top to make it pretty 🙂 then brushed the entire outside surface with the egg wash again.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until deep golden brown. I started at 25 minutes but the pastry was still not done and the cheese not completely melted so for me, it was better at 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey, then let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. My favorite way to eat it was on slices of toasted baguette. But me and the kids also enjoyed it on sliced green apples.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Appetizer