- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (8 ounces by weight)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds confectioner’s sugar (~8 cups)
- 6 tablespoons of Nesquik Strawberry Syrup
- 1–2 tablespoons of milk (or more as needed)
- Cream together the butter and shortening until smooth.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar.
- When it starts to get thick or hard to mix, go ahead and mix in the strawberry syrup and milk.
- If it’s still too thick for spreading or decorating, add more milk as needed to reach the desired consistency.