I mentioned the other day that I was going to bust it and try to get all of my 2013 cakes posted since it's officially 2015 now ... oy. So first I posted this All Sports Cake, then this Green Buttercream Roses cake and then the next one I came to tonight was this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cake.
That's when it occurred to me.... there was some sort of green theme going on with my cakes in December 2013. And not just cakes... that's the same month that I did the Christmas Cupcake Tree with green frosting. I guess green was "in" at the time. Haha!
So anyway, this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cake. It had me scared. I had a lot going on that week and since I'm not really into TMNT, I was a little afraid of trying to make the heads.
But I had no reason to fear - my amazing husband stepped in and made them for me! Since he had made these Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cupcake toppers for me before, he didn't hesitate when I asked him to make the 3D toppers for this cake. YAY for having an awesome husband!!
I didn't get many pictures of this cake, so I'm just going to leave it at the one edited one and jump right into telling you the details.
- It was a 9" round cake baked in Magic Line pans- the inside was marbled chocolate cake and vanilla cake.
- I frosted it with vanilla buttercream. I used Americolor Leaf Green to get the color.
- I mixed a tiny bit of Satin Ice Black Vanilla fondant with my homemade marshmallow fondant to get the gray for the border and topper on the cake.
- The letters for Zayne's name were hand-cut.
- I used a diamond plate impression mat from this Men's Designs Impressions Mat set to get the texture on the top.
- My hubby made the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle heads from Green Satin Ice Fondant.
- I used my FMM Ribbon cutter to cut the border - read more about adding ribbon borders here.
And that's all I've got for ya!!
Do you have any questions about this cake? Leave me a comment!!
PS. If you’re not already subscribed to my blog, would you? You can sign up here for my free email updates and then you’ll never miss a cake or dessert or deal or any other quirky thing I choose to post here!