This moist and sweet coconut bundt cake is an easy-to-make, one-bowl dessert that is packed with fun tropical flavor. Every bite of this light and delicious cake is bursting with rich flavors of shredded coconut and coconut sugar!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut + a little extra for garnishing
Simple Glaze Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 10-inch Bundt pan in butter and flour. This will help prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or stand mixer to cream the butter and sugars until a wet, crumbly mixture forms. This mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and milk and mix again until homogenous and smooth.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, flour, and shredded coconut and slowly use your electric mixer or stand mixer to incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Continue mixing the batter until no dry clumps of flour remain and the shredded coconut is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before removing. While the cake is cooling, make the glaze and toast some shredded coconut in a pan on the stovetop until golden brown.
- For the glaze, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut extract, and confectioner’s sugar until smooth. To get the desired consistency, add more sugar as needed to thicken the glaze or more milk if you want a thinner glaze.
- Remove the cake from the pan, top with the and toasted coconut, serve, and enjoy!
If If you do not have coconut sugar, you can just use 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar instead. The coconut sugar serves to make the recipe slightly healthier and aid an extra blast of coconut flavor.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut bundt cake, coconut, bundt cake, coconut glaze, best bundt cake, one bowl, toasted coconut