Today I’m sharing a Turquoise & Lime Green Baby Shower Cake and Cupcake Tower. As I look through the pics (and I didn’t take many) – I feel like I don’t have a lot to share about this cake – it was simple, yet very cute and fun!
One of my regular customers, Vista, requested this cake for her sister’s baby shower. She told me the color scheme and sent me a couple of pics for ideas and well… it all came together beautifully!
For the 6″ cake on top of the tower, here are the things I used:
- Diamond cutters to make the harlequin pattern with electric green homemade marshmallow fondant.
- Pearl mold for the border – colored bright blue with Americolor electric green homemade marshmallow fondant.
- Fox Run Alphabet Cutters for Gray’s name.
- Plaque cutter from CheapCookieCutters.com to do the backing for the name.
- FMM Ribbon cutter to cut the ribbons to make the bow (still no tutorial for bows like this…sorry!).
- Carriage cutter for the topper – I cut out this from homemade marshmallow fondant with tylose added so it would dry/harden. It was attached to a lollipop stick so it would stand.
- The cake was vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream – covered in white homemade marshmallow fondant.
The cake and cupcakes were displayed on my Smart Baker Cupcake Stand. I’m really glad I bought this stand – it’s so versatile (you can use all 5 levels at once – or only 2 if that’s what you need).
And that’s it… I can’t think of anything else to tell you about this baby shower set-up!
Oh… and did you see that Craftsy is having a Summer Sale with classes up to 75% off? Check it out!!
Do you have any questions about the cake, cupcakes or stand? Leave me a comment and I’ll answer and help out if I can!