- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour just until it comes together. If you’re adding nuts, gently mix them in now.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper and chill for one hour.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a knife, cut off small chunks of the dough (approximately 1 tablespoon) and roll the dough between your hands until you can flatten it into a small circle. Place 3-4 white chocolate chips in the center of the circle and shape the dough into a ball around the chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the balls on the lined cookie sheet, approximately 1 inch apart, Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until the bottoms are browned.
- While the cookies are warm dust them with powdered sugar. I love using what I call my “sugar shaker” to do this! Don’t try rolling them at this point… they’ll just crumble apart.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, let them cool completely and then you can roll them in powdered sugar to get them completely white 😉 .