This cake is dense enough to hold up to stacking and is a delicious, perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 1 cup chopped, fresh strawberries*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the Strawberry Puree
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and cool. I like to pour the cooled mixture into my Blentec and puree it. If you don't have a blender, chop the strawberries small so that little bits of strawberry go through the cake.
For the cake
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients (including the cooled puree) and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then mix on medium-low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into well greased pans and bake at 325°F degrees for 35-45 minutes. You can use (2) or (3) 8" round pans. Obvioulsy if you use 3 pans, you will have thinner layers, but it sure does make for a pretty layered cake if you add lots of frosting between layers!
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe here.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake, strawberry, recipe, strawberry cake, cream cheese