Best Strawberry Cake Ever. That's what one of my customers said after ordering this cake a few months ago.
I used to only use this Strawberry Cake recipe. It is an adaptation of my vanilla cake except I use Strawberry Cake Mix and Jello Strawberry Pudding. I got lots of compliments on it but I was talking to my assistant Susan one day and she mentioned that she used a different Strawberry Cake recipe that actually included some real strawberries!
Since my husband and my sister and both of my sisters-in-law love strawberry cake, I thought I'd give it a try! I asked for the recipe and she graciously shared (and said I could share here)!
Let me confess... I've never really cared for strawberry cake. I love strawberry shortcake. I love chocolate dipped strawberries. I love strawberries on ice cream. But strawberry cake? Not so much. Until now.
One more thing before you get too far... this is not a scratch cake. There are always a few haters who get all worked when I share a recipe and then get down into it and discover that. So I'm telling you up front: it is cake mix based. It does have strawberry gelatin. It's not all from scratch. And it's still amazing!
Here are a couple of other quotes from my clients who love this cake:
Rose!!! You outdid yourself once again!!! The cake was perfectly gorgeous and oh my goodness, best tasting cake ever!!!!! Thank you again!!! ~ Betsy
That was the best cake I've ever had. Seriously. I have dreams about that cake. I WILL be getting anther one made for our anniversary! ~ Amy
Are you ready for the recipe? I always pair this cake with cream cheese buttercream and I should also note that I changed Susan's recipe a tiny bit, but not much!
Want a free printable pdf of this recipe? Enter your email below and you'll be able to immediately download a pretty printable recipe!
Here's the printable version for you:Print
This cake is dense enough to hold up to stacking and is a delicious, perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 1 cup chopped, fresh strawberries*
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
For the Strawberry Puree
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and cool. I like to pour the cooled mixture into my Blentec and puree it. If you don't have a blender, chop the strawberries small so that little bits of strawberry go through the cake.
For the cake
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients (including the cooled puree) and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then mix on medium-low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into well greased pans and bake at 325°F degrees for 35-45 minutes. You can use (2) or (3) 8" round pans. Obvioulsy if you use 3 pans, you will have thinner layers, but it sure does make for a pretty layered cake if you add lots of frosting between layers!
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe here.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake, strawberry, recipe, strawberry cake, cream cheese